by Steven Hill, guest blogger & member expert
Look around your home at your most precious photos. Without a doubt those photos document you and your family growing up and older, special events, dear friends, weddings, trips and you just living life to its fullest with people you love most. Nothing in life is more precious than beautiful memories of our experiences and photos enhance those memories.
Photos take us back to a different time and place in our lives where we can see ourselves as we used to be. They give us the opportunity to look back at how tiny our children were just a few years ago or maybe even 30 yrs +, how beautiful your wedding day was, the time you caught your first wave or fish and maybe a photo of a loved one who has moved on to a better place. Photos are truly some of the most precious things we have in our lives, simple treasures.
Just like other parts of our lives we entrust to professionals, photography is no different. The difference in quality provided from a professional photographer can be astounding due to their specialization of skills, sheer volume of events and quality of equipment. With those things aside the ability to edit those photos brings a profound addition to the quality and look to photos that only someone with thousands of hours of experience can truly master.
When it comes to printing important photos of your life quality is everything. It is impossible to blow up a photo taken on a camera that just doesn’t have enough megapixels or is taken incorrectly. The result is a photo that is beautiful, but really isn’t much good in a bigger size then a 4X6.
If you want a spectacular image of you and your loved ones to treasure for years to come having a professional do the job is a must for multiple reasons.
- A professional photographer anticipates moments before they happen and is ready to capture that image before it’s gone.
- If you are taking the photo how can you be in it?
- Professional photographers know how to make you look your best, a true professional will tell you if you have a double chin or if you need to stand taller to look better or sideways to look thinner.
- Candid moments are some of our absolute favorite images, having someone document your interactions with your family tells more of the story of your life than a perfectly posed photo. The difference between a candid moment on your phone vs. a professional image is that the lighting and background will be great as well as the emotions!
- Professional editing will blow your mind!! From removing circles under the eyes and wrinkles in general, to slimming and color correction. The difference in a professionally edited image is without match in creating that perfect picture you have in your mind.
As we all know, life is beautiful and moments turn into years before you even know it. Without photos we may not remember some of those precious memories in such great detail. Through photography we freeze time in its tracks for just a fraction of a second and can keep that moment forever!
Club member Karma Hill has devoted her career to freezing life’s most precious moments in time packaged in photographs of family portraits, weddings, engagement portraits, vow renewals and magical children’s photos with her company Karma Hill Photography. Come see examples of the precious memories she can create for you on her website http://www.karmahill.com.
[…] Great article by Maui family photographers Karma Hill Photography on the importance of documenting your life through photography.https://mauicountryclub.org/the-importance-of-documenting-your-life-through-portraits/ […]